Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lets be friends

The lazy days of summer.  I love that I had to call my kids in tonight from playing outside. It was 8:00 and getting dark and my kids were out playing with other kids in the neighborhood. I LOVE that!   It reminds me of growing up.  We would play outside  all day long, riding bikes,  building forts, catching tadpoles in the small pond, walking to the potato chip factory.

Now I am a technology person, I love the internet, facebook, online banking , cool software .... but nothing is better than memories. A lot of kids are going to grow up having memories of tv shows and computer games. I want my kids to have memories of experiences.  Catching lightning bugs and going to the beach.  

I took pictures at the beach the other day for a friend of mine, Mandi.  Mandi was one of my very first clients.  I took pictures of her pregnant with her 2nd child,

Then pictures of her newborn

 and then every year we do family pictures for her .  Every year we capture some memories for her. She is able to look back and remember what was going on in her life during that time, just by looking at the pictures.


This year  I had to call her the morning of pictures and ask if she minded if I brought 2 of my children then after I took her pictures  we could stay at the beach for awhile and let the kids play.  She said
  "Of course I don't mind that will be fun!  besides I don't think of you as the  professional  photographer you've become , your just my friend who takes awesome pictures"

I thought that was so cool. Thats what I want with all my clients.  I do not want them to introduce me as their "photographer"  I want to be introduced as their friend- thats what is my goal!

Lets capture some memories for your family this summer-
 Lets be friends :)

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Ok Heather, I'm sitting at work, clicked on your page to send you a message, and find this. I'm not at my desk trying to hide my tears! Wow, you're so awesome! But you are just killin me here!!! -Mandi :)

    ReplyDelete