Monday, July 4, 2011

Sparklers

I sat on my deck this evening watching my kids use sparklers. It was a great end to a 4th of July.  We spent the morning finishing putting in the studio floor, followed by a random Wilson Dance Party... Then our friends the Careys came over for a cookout, swimming, more dancing,  cup cakes and sparklers.

We tried the sparklers at 4 in the afternoon. It was still light out and the sparklers didn't seem as bright or cool as I remembered as a kid.  We decided to save some until later when it got dark.  BOY DID THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

In the dark the kids thought the flames were HUGE  and as they waved them around they made magical trails following behind. It was awesome.

I have been going through some dark times in life right now. Trying to pick up pieces and make sense of it all, for me and my family.  When I looked at the sparkler it dawned on me....alot of times we think of how great God is when everything is bright and going well  , but I think,  just like the sparkler if  we actually keep our eyes open during the dark times we will notice the details of things that we take for granted when all is going well. God is brighter and bigger than any of our problems. God doesn't disappear when our problems overshadow us ... He actually becomes brighter in his GLORY and his LOVE for us. Its us that chose to close our eyes.

  Now it is not easy. But it is a CHOICE that I am going to have to make.  Will I close my eyes and throw myself a pity party, or will I open my eyes wide and pay attention to the AWESOMENESS of God no matter what is going on ....  I know the right answer, now to just to do it.

Why don't you take a minute and CAPTURE A GLIMPSE of the GLORY of GOD in your life right now.  There is always something to be thankful for.....

Thanks for reading!
Keep looking for announcements on my STUDIO OPENING SPECIALS

Heather

2 comments:

  1. How very true............Lisa and Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good eye you have, guess that is why you are such a great photographer. You are awesome Heather and I always enjoy your blogs!! Katie

    ReplyDelete