Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The hottest wedding of my summer!

The hottest wedding of my Summer..... And as cute as the couple was I am not talking about their looks.....


 
 I headed down to Ocean city at around 8:30 am on Saturday .  I knew I would hit some traffic due to the Dew Tour ( I think its like a bmx thing)  I am glad I left so early . I got their just on time after having to trudge through the HOT sand quite a ways ( since i had to park 2 streets down because all the full parking lots.
Now at 10 in the morning it was already very high 90's and so humid.  We took pictures as quick as possible since their little son Jaxson and everyone was melting fast.  It was prob the hottest wedding I ever took pictures at.

Although....

Last season , me and my friend Kristyn went to do a wedding up at the beach last year and we drove around a bit trying to find the street  ... it wasn't in OC , it was Dewey beach or something like that.

Finally we see the Wedding Company Van at the end of street so we zoom down to arrive on time , but as we talk to the Wedding Co. people they hadn't seen any of the wedding party yet.  So after a few phone calls we realize we are all at the wrong location.  SOOOOO  We had to un-set up the tikki torches and seats and sound system. We had to run up and down the beach trying to pack everything back up.  MY feet were so blistered from the burning sand.  Kristyn actually must have been a fire coal walker in a past life cause she kept running out getting more loads.  

Needless to say we made it to the other location, set up and had some fun pictures ( of the most relaxed bride and groom ever- they were so fun!   )  

So although this past Saturday was the hottest  air temperature I have done a wedding in,  I still think I lost a few layers of  foot skin from the one last year.

But every wedding I learn something

Lesson learned:  Photography on the beach in the middle of the day in the hottest part of the summer.... wear sneakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment